- To be fully responsible and accountable for the day-to-day management and leadership of the transport team
- To ensure the retention and growth of customers through delivery of operational excellence
- Promote, monitor, and maintain best practice in Health, Safety, Quality and Security
- To ensure all work within their team is undertaken in compliance with legislation, industry standards, customs compliance regulations and company policies
- Identifies, develops and implements, following review with their line manager, interventions/activities/process and procedure changes to the operational delivery of their team
- Identify and remove operational inefficiencies within the department.
- Deliver cost improvement plans to the business through efficiency improvements within the department.
- Identify procedural gaps and improvements and implement process change to close and reduce risk to the business.
- Approx. 3-5 years relevant freight forwarding experience in a similar position – strong operational and industry knowledge
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the regulations governing the carriage of dangerous goods, to
- include ADR, IMDG and IATA. Qualifications pertaining to these would be an advantage.
- Industry related Qualifications an advantage
- Proven people management skills
- Computer literate with intermediate level of Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Strong communication (oral and written), influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Good numeracy and commercial acumen
- Have strong leadership and people development skills
- Be flexible to the requirements of running an operation that requires up to 24 hour / 7 day operation
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com